First tooth!
Baby Kammie got her first tooth today! She woke up crying several times during the night, which is unusual for her, so I knew something was going on. And sure enough, this morning her first little tooth had popped through. She's also sitting up quite well now and has moved up another size in clothes.
It seems like we have had a week of everything breaking! The screen of our laptop computer has gone out, so we have been unable to use it without hooking it into an external monitor. Our oven also has stopped working properly, which I discovered after two batches of bread didn't turn out. I bake a lot of our bread here and usually have no problem. But apparently the oven is only giving out heat from the top and not the bottom, so everything is getting very browned on top, but is still not cooked at the bottom. We have called a repair person to come check on it, but they haven't come by yet. Our hot water also stopped working again (this has been a recurrent problem in this house), so we had several days of cold showers. And, our car has been in Nairobi getting repairs done after the fender bender we had in Tanzania. So, I've been doing a lot of walking, going to and from the hospital. It is about a 15 minute walk (uphill on the way home), which I know is great exercise for me. However, it sure is convenient to be able to drive, especially when I have to run home to nurse Kammie in between surgery cases and clinic patients.
The students had their midterm break last weekend, so there are now only about 5 weeks of school left until the summer break. It's amazing how quickly this year has gone.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home