Torrie's New Adventures

Torrie has always been a baby who was easy to put to sleep. I would just lay her in her crib, and she would suck her thumb and fall asleep by herself. That is, until the past 2 weeks. She recently figured out that when we lay her down in her crib to go to sleep, she can choose to stand up instead. Torsten used to do the same thing, but after 15-20 minutes, he would lay down and fall asleep. So, I decided to leave Torrie alone and figured she would fall asleep. However, she will absolutely not lay down, even when really tired. She went several days with no naps. She spent her entire naptime standing up in her crib. Then, when she got tired, she would rest her head down on the crib rail and cry, but she would not lay down. I tried multiple times to lay her down again, and she would just stand right up. Even though she has a sweet and sensitive personality, she definitely has a stubborn and determined side also. After a day of no naps, she still didn't want to lay down to sleep at night. Things got so bad, that I put her car seat in her crib and strapped her in, in order to make her lay down. That actually worked great, and she went right to sleep. So, Torrie is now sleeping in her car seat for the time being. At night, I try to take her out of it and lay her down after she is asleep, but even then she will often wake up enough to stand up in her crib again. It's been interesting to see the development of her little personality. I have a feeling she will be a lot more strong willed than Torsten is.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home